Your phone number has an 858 area code. Are you located in California?
We originally formed the company in Hollywood, California and have never changed our phone number. We still offer nationwide services and do service the entire continental U.S. Our home office is presently in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Some websites list the name of your company as Hollywood Beauty & Style. Is this the same company as L. A. Rose?
The company has been in business for decades and that was the original name of our company when we were located in Hollywood.
What and/or who is L. A. Rose?
L. A. Rose is a full-service mobile fashion styling, image-consulting and makeup artistry company. We employ highly-skilled professionals to cover all of your fashion, image and makeup needs. All of our employees and consultants possess impressive expertise and credentials. We primarily offer commercial services to those in the entertainment industry.
Your website says you primarily offer “commercial” services. What does that mean? Do you also service the general public?
Commercial services means we work with other industry professionals. Commercial entities are such companies as cosmetic companies, magazines, music industry professionals, television/film production companies, theatres, etc. Yes, we do offer services to the general public, as well.
How do the services from L. A. Rose differ from other makeup artists and fashion stylists?
L. A. Rose does not employ untrained makeup artists. L. A. Rose only employs professional makeup artists and fashion stylists with the highest level of training and expertise. The professionalism and experience we offer are second to none in the industry.
What age clients do you offer services to?
So far our youngest client was six weeks old and our oldest client was ninety-six years old.
Where is L. A. Rose's salon located?
L. A. Rose offers mobile services and does not currently have a salon. We offer mobile services to anywhere in the continental United States and will be happy to come to your office, residence, or location of your special event. We can also arrange to meet you at salons or other locations in almost any city in the U.S.
What geographical areas does L. A. Rose service?
We serve the entire continental United States. We have clients in Chicago, Dallas, Indianapolis, Memphis, Las Vegas, Little Rock, Los Angeles, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Orlando, St. Louis, Tampa, and many other cities.
Who can benefit from the services of a commercial makeup artist?
Anyone who needs to create a character, camouflage flaws or enhance natural features. Makeup is transformative and can completely change someone’s appearance. No makeup is better than bad makeup.
What brand(s) of cosmetics do you use?
We don't use any one particular brand all of the time. We like different brands for different applications. We use mainstream products and industry-standard lines such as Ben Nye, Cinema Secrets, Cover FX, Graftobian, Kryolan and Mehron, all of which are cruelty free. We are proud supporters of LeapingBunny.org which investigates companies and certifies them as cruelty-free. We are always trying new products as they hit the market and strive to have a variety of products for all skin issues, skin tones, skin types, etc. We use hypoallergenic, fragrance-free products to avoid sensitivity issues, and use organic products whenever possible. If you would like for us to sample your product to incorporate it into our lines, please forward a sample. To check if a cosmetic is cruelty-free, click on the Leaping Bunny link to visit the safe brands guide. Leaping Bunny Guide Safe Brands
Do you offer online makeup, fashion-styling, or image-consulting consultations?
Yes, we do, but we really feel that clients benefit from personal consultations whenever possible. You can email photographs, or we can consult with you via a web cam. Depending upon your location, the costs may be substantially lower than a personal consultation.
Do you offer makeup application classes and/or training?
- Yes, we offer makeup application instruction on an individual basis, as well as classroom style, if there is more than one person requesting services at any given time. The more people, the less the cost will be.
- Makeup instruction parties are a great way for a group of friends to get together, learn something and come away looking and feeling better.
- We also offer one-on-one training to aspiring makeup artists who want to learn proper application techniques, decontamination/sterilization procedures, and the ins-and-outs of the business, etc.
Do you offer airbrush makeup services?
Yes, we do. (We do not recommend airbrush makeup for outdoor events, such as summer weddings. Airbrush makeup is water-based and may run if you perspire or cry. It is delicate and may smudge if you touch your face. It produces a beautiful finish, but is better suited for photographs and controlled conditions.)
Do you offer nude body painting services?
For commercial projects, yes. To private clients, no.
Do you offer boudoir photography services?
Yes, we offer complete services for this type of photo shoot such as outfit selection, makeup/hair, set design, props, etc. We have an amazing photographer on staff and collaborate with many other talented photographers as well.
Do you offer permanent makeup services such as tattooed eyeliner or eyebrows?
No, we do not. We don't have any referrals to permanent makeup services. We caution you to thoroughly check qualifications and experience before having these procedures performed; they cannot be undone.
Do you offer special effects/gore makeup services at Halloween?
It depends; we no longer create custom prosthetics. Because we get booked up for Halloween months or even years in advance, secure your date early if you are interested.
Do you offer commercial services to TV stations/studios, film production companies, theatres, photographers, magazines, etc.?
Yes, routinely. That is our primary area of emphasis.
Do you offer image-consulting services to corporate groups or schools?
Yes, absolutely. We love to work with such organizations.
Do you offer services to men, or are your services limited to women?
Of course we offer services to men and love to work with men. We offer services to any gender identity. We work with business men, cross dressers, musicians, performers, politicians and drag queens, etc.
What kind of services do you offer to men?
- We offer fashion styling, image consulting/enhancement and wardrobe assessment services to men of all ages and lifestyles. Men can benefit from such services just as much, if not even more so, than women. Men are judged by their appearance in their careers and personal life just as much as women.
- If a man wants to advance professionally, or impress a significant other, there is no better way to improve his outward appearance than with a new wardrobe and/or a complete makeover.
- We also offer makeup application and instruction services to drag queens, cross dressers and other men who are interested in makeup techniques. We don't judge or discriminate against anyone, ever. And yes, we are discreet.
- For performers, we offer fashion styling and costume design services for stage productions, music videos, etc.
What exactly does a fashion stylist do?
A fashion stylist evaluates the client and recommends clothing items based upon: age, budget, lifestyle, occupation, physique, sense of style, and specific situation needs. Examples of the types of services a fashion stylist provides relating to the selection of clothing items are:
- Attire selection and styling for albums, auditions, music videos, performances, red-carpet events, etc.;
- Acquiring a new wardrobe following weight loss/gain;
- Achieving an impressive corporate image;
- Accessorizing the perfect interview outfit;
- Coordinating a business wardrobe;
- Costume assistance for a cosplayer, entertainer or performer;
- Determination of your body type and the most flattering colors/styles;
- Helping models and pageant contestants stand out from the competition;
- Selecting the most attractive clothing to enhance dating;
- Shopping with you for the perfect wedding attire or special-event outfit;
- Showing you how to accessorize to make any outfit more fashionable;
- Teaching you how to get the most benefit from your existing wardrobe;
- Teaching you how to properly care for your clothing; or
- Designing a more organized and efficient closet system.
Who can benefit from the services of a fashion stylist?
Anyone who cares about the message their clothing is sending to others. Clothing makes a statement to the world and people judge you by your appearance. Your message can be drastically manipulated by your attire.
Can I book services as a gift to someone else?
Yes, our Gift Certificates begin at $100. We have lovely Gift Certificates that we will gift wrap and send to your recipient(s) on your behalf, or we can send them electronically if you prefer.
What is the range of your prices?
Prices range from $50 per hour to $600 per day, depending upon the services desired. Please see our Price List/Rates page
for some more detailed pricing guidelines.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, money orders, cashier's checks, and online payments via CashApp or PayPal.
How do I get an appointment?
I want to hire L. A. Rose. What's next?
- Text or email us for a quote; (Include the date/time/location/event type details in your request.)
- You must provide your email address so we can send you a Retainer Agreement and Client Information Sheet;
- Forward your deposit payment;
- Follow the instructions provided to you;
- Look fabulous on the date of your event! :-)